Gary Goodman, Chief Executive Officer
Gary Goodman is the owner and president of Goodman Realty Group. Mr. Goodman has over thirty-five years of experience in the development of office, residential, retail, and mixed use facilities. Since 1970, Mr. Goodman has been actively involved in the development, management and leasing of over seven-million square feet of commercial property in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, New York, New Jersey, Florida, North Carolina, Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Oregon.
In the 1970’s, the Goodman family real estate business was, in terms of overall square footage, one of the top ten owners and managers of strip shopping centers in the United States. In the early 1980’s, Goodman Realty Group developed a number of urban residential condominium projects in the downtown Chicago area. In the mid 1980’s, the firm pioneered the development of mixed-use urban projects in an area of Chicago immediately north of downtown called River North. There Mr.Goodman developed over a million square feet of residential, office, medical and retail mixed-use facilities. Among the most notable of these projects are the 250,000 square foot Orleans Plaza project, the 100,000 square foot Central Arts Center, and the 100,000 square foot Sheffield Square Professional Center.
Mr. Goodman has developed and owned property in Albuquerque since 1970. In the early 1990’s, Mr. Goodman increased his presence in the New Mexico real estate market and opened a 25 person development office. His company’s recent work includes the redevelopment and leasing of the 400,000 square foot Montgomery Plaza Shopping Center, the completion and leasing of the 275,000 square foot One Sun Plaza Office Complex and the start of Phase I of a 60 acre, 1.5 million square foot mixed-use project in Taos. In addition, Goodman Realty Group owns and manages over a million square feet of commercial property in New Mexico.
- Advisory Board- UNM College of Fine Arts, ABQ, NM
- Board of Directors – Chicago Multicultural Dance Center, Chicago, IL
- Board of Directors – Columbia River-keepers Alliance, Portland, OR
- Building Committee – Bosque School, ABQ, NM
- Member – Albuquerque Economic Development
- Board Member – Creative Albuquerque
- 1986 – Chicago Times Annual “People Who Shape Chicago”
- 1986 – River North Association’s Architectural Award for Development
- 2003 – New Mexico Business Weekly – Number One Developer in the State of New Mexico
- 2008 – A+ Key to the City Award
Gary Goodman holds a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin and studied Architecture at University of Illinois.